PRIVACY & Security
Online Tips, Alerts, & Notices
Stearns Bank N.A., Stearns Bank Holdingford N.A., and Stearns Bank Upsala N.A. are committed to securing your personal information. The following tips, alerts and notices will assist you in protecting your own personal information and increase your level of online security.
- FDIC Consumer News (FDIC.gov)
- FDIC Consumer Protection Topics (FDIC.gov)
- Financial Protection for Older Americans (ConsumerFinance.gov)
- FDIC Cybersecurity Awareness Basics (FDIC.gov)
- Cybersecurity Guide for Consumers (FDIC Brochure)
- Cybersecurity Guide for Businesses (FDIC Brochure)
- Protecting Personal Information - A Guide for Business (FTC Brochure)
- Online Security Tips
- You Can Fight Identity Theft (FDIC Brochure)
- Backoff Malware Alert for Businesses
- How To Keep Data Out of Hackers' Hands (New York Times)
- Fraudulent ACH Transfers Connected to Malware and Work-at-Home Scams (FBI.gov)
- Corporate Account Takeover Notice (ABA.com)
Website/Online Banking Security
To protect the privacy and security of your personal information the entire Stearns Bank website is protected using a COMODO Digital SSL Certificate. We've added an additional layer of security that shows if you are connected to a safe server. If your browser's address bar is GREEN, your connection is safe. If it's not green, stop and contact us at 1-800-320-7262.
When you enroll in Online Banking, you are protected by a powerful, multilayered security system. The access process begins with you typing in your correct User ID and Password. Then we check the device you are using (computer, smartphone or tablet). If we don't recognize the device, you will be asked a Security Challenge to ensure your identity. We also check geographic indicators, so if you try logging in from a new location, you may be asked an additional question.
USA Patriot Act - Verifying Your Identity
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What This Means For You: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. We thank you for your understanding and for joining us in securing a safer tomorrow.
S.A.F.E. Act Mortgage Loan Officer Registration Notice
In accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement of the Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (the S.A.F.E. Act), the names and corresponding unique identifying numbers of mortgage loan officers for Stearns Bank N.A., Stearns Bank Holdingford, N.A. and Stearns Bank Upsala, N.A. are available upon request. If you wish to have this information, please contact:
Geri Moshier, Human Resource Manager
4191 2nd Street South - St. Cloud, MN 56301