Protecting Your Information
Here at Stearns Bank, we do all that we can to protect your personal information and provide you with a dependable online experience. However, we rely on you to take further precautions to ensure the safety of your accounts. By following our tips, Online Banking can be a secure and efficient method for all your banking needs.
- Make sure your operating system and antivirus software are up-to-date.
- Always use secure wireless (WiFi) networks that require a login ID and password.
- Never leave your computer unattended while using online banking.
- Monitor your recent account history for unauthorized transactions.
- Always log off of Online Banking when you’re finished and close the browser.
Login ID and Password
- Create strong passwords by using a mixture of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- Do not create passwords containing your initials or birthday.
- Change your passwords periodically.
- Memorize your passwords instead of writing them down.
- Only register personal devices and avoid using features that save your login IDs and passwords.
- Do not open email attachments or click on links from unsolicited sources.
- Avoid giving out personal information on the phone or through email.
- Shred unwanted sensitive documents including receipts, checks, deposit slips, pre-approved credit card offers and expired cards.
- Act quickly. If you suspect your financial information is compromised, call us immediately at 888.629.8707.